Friday, December 31, 2010

Books for December 2010

Treat Your Own NeckTreat Your Own Neck by Robin McKenzie
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
A good book, and helpful for considering body mechanics and healthy ergonomic practices as well as useful stretches for both recovery and prevention of neck pain.





The Children of MenThe Children of Men by P.D. James
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Very good story, though quite dark for much of the book. I had read that it had an apocalyptic angle to it, and it certainly does. James deals with matters of faith a little bit flippantly for my tastes, but not so much that it obscured the quality of the story.





The Subversive Copy Editor: Advice from Chicago (or, How to Negotiate Good Relationships with Your Writers, Your Colleagues, and Yourself)The Subversive Copy Editor: Advice from Chicago by Carol Fisher Saller
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Very good book; an interesting look at copy-editing and the functional dynamics of the work. There are a lot of good workflow ideas and advice here, as well as fun anecdotes and a lighter approach to the work of publishing.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment