- What is an "Ideal Church Member"? Great summary here of what every leader should be able to expect of the members of their congregation (and what every member should expect of themselves).
- Why 6-Year-Old Girls Want to Be Sexy. Wow— fascinating (and scary) piece. Parents of girls should read this.
- What are Seminaries for? This was a good contribution to a thread of discussion that took place on the Reformation 21 blog between different writers. I think Sean's perspective largely lines up with mine, though I found the rebuttal remarks interesting and informative (as well as Sean's final word).
- The Greatest Game Nobody Ever Saw. What a cool article, reflecting on the intensity and quality of a basketball scrimmage between some of the best players ever to shoot hoops.
- The Calling of Christian Writers. This piece by Richard Doster gets right to the heart of a curiosity/concern I've had for a while: where are the literary writers in the church? (This piece was reprinted from byFaith magazine.)
- Why do people still not know if Obama is a Christian? Quite insightful analysis from a somewhat-objective voice; read this — you'll probably be surprised, whatever your take.
Wednesday, September 5, 2012
Bits & Tidbits, end of summer 2012
Some of the better links I have to offer… I haven't been reading as much of this sort of content, so my apologies if the list disappoints!