It’s always difficult to measure, and no measure is completely fair or accurate. Still, the folks at Christianity Today put together this Bible knowledge test (based on the book What Every Christian Should Know by Jo. H. Lewis and Gordon A. Palmer). A few sample questions (I won’t reproduce the whole thing out of respect for copyright):
Common Bible Sayings
- Am I my brother's _____?
- Daniel in the _____ den
- Do unto _____ as you would have them do unto you.
In the Bible
- Name the first four books of the New Testament.
- In what book of the Bible is the Christmas story found, the version familiar to most people?
- What is another well-known name for "the Evil One"?
More Common Bible Sayings
- Death, where is thy _____?
- Don't hide your _____ under a bushel.
- Gold, frankincense, and ______.
- I am come that they might have _____ and that they might have it more abundantly.
Sayings that May Surprise You
- A good name is better than _____.
- Giving honor unto the _____, as unto the weaker vessel
- Four _____of the Apocalypse
There’s a lot more, plus an answer key. Take the test-- and report your scores in the comments, if you will! (No judgement here; I’m just curious...)