Thursday, March 6, 2008

What God has done in 10 years

Marcie and I celebrate our 10-year anniversary on March 7. (I'm not actually posting this on our anniversary, since part of my anniversary present to her is to turn all computers off for the day!)

Over that time, we have seen the Lord carry us through many amazing transitions. Here's a glimpse:
  • Seven moves. Yes-- we've lived in seven different homes over that time.
  • Eighteen jobs. Seven of them are Marcie's (including one stint as a stay-at-home wife-- in Roanoke and one ongoing position as stay-at-home wife AND mom). The rest are/were mine.
  • Four cities. For all of those moves, we've actually only lived in a relative few places.
  • Two children. That's not many compared to some of our friends-- but plenty for us! (At least for now...)
  • Two degrees. Both mine-- undergraduate and a master's. (Marcie already had both by the time we got married.)
  • Seven vehicles. Believe it or not, we still have one that we started with. (Long live the Bronco!)
  • A handful of "I'll never's" recanted. When we got married, we never thought we would ever own a minivan, serve as a solo Pastor, live in the midwest, teach school, or homeschool our children.

Through all of this (and so very much more), I could not have asked for a better partner in family, ministry, and life. Marcie, you are indeed my favorite companion and my heart's true friend. Thanks for 10 years of patience with me! I pray for 50+ more, and an eternity together in the New Jerusalem.

No comments:

Post a Comment